Three Ethnic Armenians In Forbes List Of '30 Kings Of Russian Real Estate'

Three Ethnic Armenians In Forbes List Of '30 Kings Of Russian Real Estate'

Russian Forbes edition has issued the list of 30 Kings of the Russian Real Estate with three Armenians being included among them.
The owner of "Tashir holding" Samvel Karapetyan is ranked the third with his annual revenues received from renting making US$ 720 million. At the end of last year company announced that the total 2012 income of Tashir Group will amount US$ 2.9 billion. Samvel Karapetyan has real estate in Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Reutov, Yaroslavl, Belgorod, Ivanovo, Kaluga, Yalta, Vologda, Tula, Tver, Smolensk, Yerevan, etc. In October 2012 mass media reported that Samvel Karapetyan's Tashir Group may invest US$ 50 million in the construction of shopping malls and exhibition centers in Sochi sea passenger port . The biggest real estate is RIO trade center having 300 thousand square meters territory and Yerevan Plaza with 80 thousand square meters territory both in Moscow.

According to Forbes, Samvel Karapetyan earned his first sum in early 90s in Armenia and then moved to Kaluga where he dealt with wholesale and textile production. Currently Tashir is a multi-profile company.

Another ethnic Armenian Danil Khachaturov is ranked 25th. He is the owner of Legion Development company. His annual revenue from renting makes US$ 80 million. He elaborates his activity in Moscow. Legion I and Legion III are his largest multi-functional complexes having 130 thousand square meters territory.

First he was dealing with the sale and purchase of shares, worked in Slavoil company, participated in the privatization process of Rosgosstrakh becoming the company's director in 2004. He is the co-owner of Rosgosstrakh bank.

Gagik Adibekyan, also an Armenian, has been ranked the 26th with his annual revenue from renting making US$ 70 million. He is based in Moscow. Romanov Dvor with 43,500 square meters territory and Vremena Goda with 64 thousnad square meters territory business centers are his biggest real estate property.

He is said to be the most mysterious figure in the Moscow market. He is known to have reconstructed Romanov Dvor business center situated in downtown Moscow in 1997, but he activity before it is unknown. He is the owner of RD Group which acquired the 40% of Vremena Goda trade center and according to media outlets, is negotiating over acquiring the rest 60%.

The Forbes rating list is topped by Kiyevskaya ploshad (Kiev Square) company the owners of which are Azerbaijanis Zarah Iliyev and God Nisanov. Their annual revenue from renting makes US$1.1 billion.

The second is IKEA Mos company the owner of which is ethnic Sweden Ingvar Kamprad and his family.