Combination of Architectural Styles
- Mr. Ananyan, what is the reason for choosing such design of the building?
- The 20th century was a century of typification, unification and standardization, which was a consequence of industrialization, and the 21st century is a century of parametric architecture, due to the development of modern digital and robotic industrial systems. Parametric modeling allows you to work with double-curved surfaces, which are innovative, beautiful, impressive and memorable, attract attention, have high bearing capacity, seismic resistance and allow you to get a variety of forms with very bold flights. Large-scale coverage allows you to capture huge surfaces under one canopy, facilitates solutions for planning, technology, navigation and other tasks. By combining all types of service buildings of the multi functional center under one roof, it is possible to ensure the environment in accordance with modern international standards for leisure, catering, exhibitions, shopping, youth and children development and entertainment. The dome of the building is planned to be made according to the well-known construction technology of modern parametric architecture, and we plan to cover the roof with double-curved surfaces using a membrane mould, in the subsystem of which there is a frame of a metal spatial membrane network, with external cladding. The system is designed to be made of lightweight rolled aluminum complex composite spatial profiles. The total area of the building is 4975 sq.m.
- Mr. Ananyan, what served as the basis for such an architectural and spatial image of the building?
- Analyzing the urban environment, our group of authors found it expedient to oppose the existing quadrangular-prismatic, rectangular-vertical and horizontal dominant volumes as much as possible, using the smoothest, most spherical, double-dimensional curved surfaces. In order to create the above-mentioned volume, modern parametric modeling principles were applied, which allowed to create modern and expressive large "brushstroke" in both internal and external environments, in the form of traditional Armenian Vishap (Dragon), which rules at the end of the Northern Ray of Yerevan.
- What planning decisions are used in the project?
- The building has an open floor plan. In the presence of more lighting, the goal is to provide the ground, basement and semi-basement floors with natural light. The complex has one main entrance from Komitas Avenue, two extra accesses from the upper part of the park, a separate entrance for employees and a parking lotâ¦ The project is now at the stage of âworking documentationâ.
- Is it known which company will be in charge of the construction?
- It is not one, but several construction companies. The Armenian company will work on concrete structures, and foreign partners with relevant experience will be invited for parametric coating. Organizations will be selected through an open private tender.
We plan to start the construction works in spring 2021 and complete in the fall of 2022. The preliminary budget is 10 million US dollars, which is the budget for the whole program, including the reconstruction of the park, fountains, underground parking lot and construction of the 2nd building. Very soon we will present a modern park equipped with an open amphitheater, fountains, etc.